The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $cookielaw - Line: 21 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 21 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 54 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 54 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$cookielaw_footer - Line: 22 - File: global.php(1070) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1070) : eval()'d code 22 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 1070 eval

FarmersJoint.com
Chickens: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Printable Version

+- FarmersJoint.com (http://farmersjoint.com)
+-- Forum: Animal Forums (http://farmersjoint.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Livestock Farming (http://farmersjoint.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Chickens: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? (/thread-141.html)

Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - John@ - 01-16-2015

Some give at day old but some say it’s not good. So which one do I take?

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - FarmKing - 01-31-2015

Give at day 7.

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Hilux - 02-08-2015

Some usually give at day old and then on day 7. At day old you put a drop in the eyes or nose, not in water.

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Manihot - 02-08-2015

For complete protection against newcastle disease (NCD), local immunity in the upper respiratory tract (Harderian gland and trachea) and digestive tract is a must. This is only possible by systematic usage of the following NCD vaccines: asplin/F strain, followed by Lasota, R2B AND THEN AN INACTIVATED/killed NCD vaccine.

In the control of NCD, local immunity, cell mediated immunity and humoral immunity play a role. R2B and komorov strains are of the same category, both are mesogenic strains.

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - John@ - 02-10-2015

(02-08-2015, 10:07 PM)Manihot Wrote: For complete protection against newcastle disease (NCD), local immunity in the upper respiratory tract (Harderian gland and trachea) and digestive tract is a must. This is only possible by systematic usage of the following NCD vaccines: asplin/F strain, followed by Lasota, R2B AND THEN AN INACTIVATED/killed NCD vaccine.

In the control of NCD, local immunity, cell mediated immunity and humoral immunity play a role. R2B and komorov strains are of the same category, both are mesogenic strains.

I have heard of lasota and komorov, but which one is asplin/f strain, r2b and killed vaccine?

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Henlus - 05-04-2015

(02-10-2015, 06:37 PM)John@ Wrote: I have heard of lasota and komorov, but which one is asplin/f strain, r2b and killed vaccine?

The asplin/f strain can be replace with lasota since it is not common in Nig. R2B is Mushteshwar strain, a live newcastle vaccine. Killed vaccines contains dead virus.

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - tucurj - 05-09-2015

someone told me that it is best to give them at 15days

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Henlus - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 10:42 AM)tucurj Wrote: someone told me that it is best to give them at 15days

That is totally wrong.

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Ikowa5 - 05-10-2015

@henlus, why did u say is wrong to give lasota on day 15, so farmers do dat. Can u sxplain why its wrong

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Henlus - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:12 PM)Ikowa5 Wrote: @henlus, why did u say is wrong to give lasota on day 15, so farmers do dat. Can u sxplain why its wrong

Day 15 is too far. It shud be between 7-10 days. But the best way is to go for doc screening.

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - Ikowa5 - 05-13-2015

@henlus, thanks for d explanation

RE: Best Time to Give Lasota to Chicks? - FarmTech - 12-02-2017

There is a good vaccination plan here: www.farmersjoint.com/blog/livestock-farming/poultry/my-day-old-chick-screening-result/.