FarmersJoint.com

Full Version: Feeding Duckweed to Broilers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any facts about feeding duckweed to Broilers? I mean fresh duckweed.
Fresh duckweed contains a lot of water. Before you can get good result with it, it has to be dried to increase the nutrient concentration. Check this study on fresh duckweed: http://www.mekarn.org/sarec03/hanghue.htm.
Duckweed has a very high protein content, but when fresh, the water content which is over 80% will dilute this nutrient. That is why you have to dry it before using it in formulating feed.
Where can one get this duckweed?
(11-14-2014, 02:57 PM)Donk Wrote: [ -> ]Where can one get this duckweed?

I'm yet to find out. But I think fisher men will have an idea if you take time to describe it to them with pictures you get online. Rivers are scary, huh? You may go and find it with some fishermen.
Thanks for the link admin. It shows that drying the duckweed will give the best result. I'm thinking that with our abundant sunlight and no rain in the dry season, we can dry a lot of duckweed during the dry season.
Does anyone know where to get it?
thanks