FarmersJoint.com

Full Version: Hi!! Am new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm a Nigerian based in Cameroun, I need tips on how to run a successful broiler farm. Thanks
You're highly welcm. No. 1 tip is to start small and learn from ur mistakes. 2. Follow a good vaccination/medication plan. Keep the pen neat and free of ammonia smell. This can eventually lead to respiratory problem. Feed them well. Build a good pen for them, a pen that will keep them cool in hot weather etc.
(02-23-2016, 10:27 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]You're highly welcm. No. 1 tip is to start small and learn from ur mistakes. 2. Follow a good vaccination/medication plan. Keep the pen neat and free of ammonia smell. This can eventually lead to respiratory problem. Feed them well. Build a good pen for them, a pen that will keep them cool in hot weather etc.

Thanx. Hw often should I clean d pen? Won't d cleaning or litter changing stress dem? I wan to stat wit 300 day old chicks, I hope it nt too much for a newbie?  Sorry for d million questns Tongue thanx
It depends on how dirty it gets. Clean it whenever u start perceiving ammonia smell or when it is wet. Note that u'll have to stoop low with ur nose at bird level before u ccan detect low concentratn of ammonia. Cleaning often won't stress them like a dirty house would. The amt to start with depends on how much u can afford to loose without worrying too much. If u calculate the cost of raising 300 birds and u can comfortably loss that kind of money, then go ahead.