FarmersJoint.com

Full Version: My Backyard Poultry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my backyard Turkey farming, they are hybrid and i bought them at 8weeks old.[attachment=8]
Good job. It is better to start small and grow from there.
(02-09-2016, 08:25 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]Good job. It is better to start small and grow from there.

Thank you sir, my turkeys are having avian pox, can you recommend a vaccine that i could apply that will work fast on them.
Check vet stores around you. You should have given it to them long time ago. Hybrid turkeys need to be vaccinated against a lot of diseases.
(02-10-2016, 10:30 AM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]Check vet stores around you. You  should have given it to them long time ago. Hybrid turkeys need to be vaccinated against a lot of diseases.

The seller told me he has already vaccinated them and what i only need is antibiotic which i bought Neo-Dox and am still giving them intermittently.
Please, can you prescribe some vaccines i could get for them as well.
I don't know much about turkeys for now. In chickens, one of the drugs I give against fowl pox is neoceryl plus.
(02-11-2016, 05:04 PM)eluquenson Wrote: [ -> ]The seller told me he has already vaccinated them and what i only need is antibiotic which i bought Neo-Dox and am still giving them intermittently.
Please, can you prescribe some vaccines i could get for them as well.

Did the seller told you the vaccines he's given?
(02-14-2016, 07:51 PM)Hilux Wrote: [ -> ]Did the seller told you the vaccines he's given?

No, he only told me he has completed the vaccinations and i only need antibiotics for them, i bought Pox Treat last saturday and also a liquid treatment which i have started mixing in their drinking water, i hope it works as the pox is spreading gradually.
You shud have asked him the vaccinatn he gave. Anyway, let's hope it work. Are u sure the cage will contain them? Small space is where disease spread fast.
(02-01-2016, 12:17 PM)eluquenson Wrote: [ -> ]This is my backyard Turkey farming, they are hybrid and i bought them at 8weeks old.

Ur turkeys are sooo cute. Where did u buy dem and how much ?
Hi, great that you have started a turkey poultry just right from your backyard! This is exactly I wanted in our small farm. I hope, i would be able to know more tips about how to start to raise any farm animals.
(02-25-2016, 12:58 PM)Ada Wrote: [ -> ]Ur turkeys are sooo cute. Where did u buy dem and how much ?
I bought them from Foltem Inv, at Ibadan and each one goes for 1,200
(03-07-2016, 06:14 AM)Milk_Bone Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, great that you have started a turkey poultry just right from your backyard! This is exactly I wanted in our small farm. I hope, i would be able to know more tips about how to start to raise any farm animals.

It's quite interesting, you are free to go ahead.
good article you have here
Great job. Keep it up
Op how did it went?