FarmersJoint.com

Full Version: can antibiotics be used for laying birds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello house i want to know if antibiotic can be used for 22wks old layers. they have taken all their vaccine but 3 days ago i noticed 1 or 2 birds sleeping and inactive which i quarantined and treated but eventually thek died .can i treat d rest with antibiotics
Yes, but you have to know what is really wrong with them. That will help you select the correct antibiotics to use. If you have up to 500 birds, going for a lab test with dead and sick birds will help. What is the color of their droppings like?
(06-01-2015, 12:01 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but you have to know what is really wrong with them. That will help you select the correct antibiotics to use. If you have up to 500 birds, going for a lab test with dead and sick birds will help. What is the color of their droppings like?

its watery brown.
I advice you call in a vet or go for lab test.
With that number of birds, better to call in a vet. I don't think lab test should be done whenever one or two birds are sick. A vet will tell you which drugs to use from his experience. It may even cost less.